Looking for a workday on the farm?
We are seeking seasonal garden assistants from April to October two days a week for the 2021 growing season on our farm in Rising Fawn, GA. This can be one person filling both days or two people each filling one day. The days available are Tuesday and Friday.
Since 2015, we have grown turmeric, ginger, blueberries, apples, and medicinal, culinary, and tea herbs at our small farm. Using the turmeric and herbs that we grow as our primary ingredients, we offer a line of herbal tea and spice blends, for culinary use and general health wellness. Our products are available for sale at the farm and via our online shop where we ship our products around the USA. We are a family business.
The Garden Assistant position at Rising Fawn Gardens provides the opportunity to experience first-hand what it takes to work on a small farm. The work will be mostly in the field, focused on the cultivation of herbs, with employees spending the majority of their time planting, weeding, and harvesting crops, as well as drying and processing herbs.
*COVID-19 Policy: We work to keep the lines of communication open between ourselves and our farm team to ensure a productive farm where everyone feels safe and comfortable to work. We are happy to answer any questions you might have about our practices.
The ideal garden assistant:
Is a hard worker, someone who enjoys manual labor
- Is flexible, patient, and detail-oriented
- Is comfortable working alone and is tolerant of varying weather conditions.
- Has a positive attitude and a team mentality
- Has a dedicated interest in farming and herbs
- Has previous farming experience (not required, but strongly recommended)
Wage is dependent upon experience.
- The season runs from April through October. Garden assistants are expected to commit for the full season.
- Workdays generally begin at 8 am, lasting 8-9 hours. During the height of summer, we often begin our days earlier to avoid the hottest hours of the day.
- The position is for 2 days Tuesday and Friday
- Applicants must have reliable transportation, be able to lift 50 pounds, and be willing to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Benefits of this position include access to fresh herbs and vegetables from our farm when available, first-hand instruction on growing, tending, and processing herbs, and the opportunity to expand your farming knowledge and experience while spending the summer at a beautiful spot in northwest GA between the mountains and the creek.
APPLICATIONS DUE MARCH 15th. We can’t wait to read your applications!